10 things you need to know about Burger King
By Aisha Bhattacharya
I was part of a privileged preview of Burger King’s first outlet in India and I have to say the kind of effort they have put into making it a sure shot success is mind-boggling. From travelling to various cities in India to discover what people want, to doing group surveys across our demographic and creating a menu of products suited to the Indian market in just under a year – Burger King has taken efficiency to another level.
The launch was conducted by Rocky Singh and Mayur Sharma from the popular television show ‘Highway on my plate’ and Chef Vicky Ratnani. We did a masterchef inspired team relay challenge and each participant had to make a burger to the standards and specifications of Burger King. This was not an easy task but we won! I was with another group of bloggers and by the end of it we ate so much food. Burgers, fries, slush, shakes, ice cream – we tried it all and below are the top 10 things you need to know about Burger King India:
1. It launched on the 9th of November, 2014 at the 2nd floor of Select City Walk, Saket.
2. India is their 100th country in the world of Burger domination
3. They have carefully customised the menu for the Indian palate based on 3 core aspects – Juicy, Crispy and Spicy
4. The Tandoori grill chicken burger has been created by Chef Vicky Ratnani – it is everything we could want – succulent tandoori chicken + Mint chutney (mayo) + onion rings (pyaaz) all stuffed in a bun. What more could we ask for?
5. There are NO Beef or Pork products on the menu – ensuring that no religious sentiments are offended
6. The kitchen is clearly divided into vegetarian and non-vegetarian sections with colour coded tongs and separate prep areas like all QSR outlets. Vegetarians can rest assured that no French fries are being fried in chicken nugget oil.
7. It really does ‘take two hands to handle a Whopper’ – irrespective of your gender.
8. The service is super fast – they take 30 seconds or less to assemble each burger!
9. When Burger King says chicken or mutton burgers, they mean 100% chicken/mutton patties. No fillers whatsoever. Just pure delicious, juicy meat.
10. Apart from the burgers, there are fries and chicken strips called Cravers and a couple of shakes and slush which go brilliantly with the burgers. The blue slush is a winner.
I said 10 and I know how to count. This last one is for good luck because Burger King is now officially in India
11. There are 13 burgers on the menu so have a ball and try out a different one each time because here is a place where the burger is King!